Thursday, February 15, 2007

A fun morning on the T

I get on the T far enough away from the city so I can usually get a seat. Its nice because in a few more stops the car gets so packed full of people it’s like being in cattle car. Everyone is just mindlessly staring off into space, still groggy from sleep, and being jostled into one another from the motion of the car on the tracks. That is not the best way to start the day. Other then for elderly or disabled/injured people, I won’t give up my seat for anything or anyone, including any hot chicks I may happen to see. Granted, there is a time and place for that kind of thing but it is not during the morning commute. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel some guilt about not getting up more. To that end, I’ve started closing my eyes and listening to my iPod and trying my best to ignore what is happening around me. Sometimes, when the car is really stuffed someone will lean on me or have some article of clothing or bag pressed up against me. It’s not really that big of a deal and it’s over soon enough. This morning was a bit different.

We had a big storm pass through yesterday and overnight everything turned to ice. Perhaps because of that, the train was extra crowded for most of the ride. As I already described, it’s not much of an issue for me since I’m sitting and my eyes are closed. When I felt something come to rest on my knee from the person standing in front of me I didn’t think much of it. In fact, I didn’t even open my eyes. That was a mistake. When we stopped at my destination my eyes opened and I see a man semi-straddling my knee. The thing that I felt resting on my knee may very well have been his nads. My reaction can be described best by watching this Family Guy clip:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home